Sunday, April 12, 2009

Head Injury II

So, I think our son's head is a magnet for disaster! A year and a half ago our son fell out of a child's rocking chair landed head first into the metal frame of our daughter's day bed. So over 30 stitches later and several microderm abrasion treatments you can hardly tell where at all. I am not so sure we will be so lucky this time. We were at the mall last night getting Jason some new glasses and had just finished up dinner and heading home when our son missed a step on the escalator going up and tumbled to my feet head first. When I picked him up I thought we survived injury free just some bumps and bruises but no we could not be so lucky. Once again we have put a gash in our head on our face. This time he chose right above the right eye. I did know until we got home and got him cleaned up whether this would require another ER visit...which I was so dreading or if we could escape with something minor. I gave him some motrin so I could ease the pain long enough to clean out the gash with peroxide. Once I was able to get it cleaned out I realized we were in the clear of any stitches. The gash was not too deep (at least not compared to the one almost two years ago). He did end up with some bruises on his arm and torso. The grease from the escalator we can not get removed right now from his torso...at least not until the pain is gone. He also has some beautiful markings from the escalator on his face next to the gash. Lesson learned from this...hold hands with your children on the escalator. I usually do just did not get a hold of it fast enough this time!

Notice the lines on his face...those are a perfect impression of the steps on the escalator.


Here are the marks on his arms.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

OH MY! I'm glad he is OK. You had me worried when you didn't reply on Facebook. I'm glad it didn't need stitches. Give him a kiss from us!

Audrey said...

Oh Cindy! I'm so sorry. I hope he starts to feel better soon.

KT said...

Yikes! That is so scary. I'm glad he is going to be okay.