Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Day of School 2009

Well our Summer came to an end this morning. Yes, the new school year has officially begun. The kids did great this morning and this afternoon. Madison has an amazing teacher...I know how can I tell this early but she seems very passionate about her job. It has been several years since we have seen this kind of enthusiasm. Madison started 3rd grade today with mixed emotions. She loves school but she would be just as happy if I would home school her! I guess I should feel so honored that my children love me and want to be with me. Believe me I do! I feel very blessed. Jacob started Kindergarten today. He was excited. He informed me he was not nervous! However, in one of the pics you will see he grabbed my hand and held it during the story of Owen that his teacher read to us. When she was done with the book...the parents received their first homework assignment...I just love a teacher that jumps right in on the first day! Jacob leaned over to me and whispered in my ear "Mommy I sure had fun with you this morning." Wow! Once again I am so blessed to have the opportunity to stay home with my children. Thank you Jason! Jacob has a wonderful teacher as well. I know her from several years ago being in the Kindergarten pod nearly weekly. She and I are both excited to Jacob in her class. This year marks at least the second year it has rained on the first day of school. Once again we were wading through water to get into the building. I am not complaining it just makes picture taking outside difficult.


My Third Grader.







Even after a long summer they still love each other.







The kids with Mrs. T. She is the principal...I love her! She is so visible and it is so wonderful to see her out and about with the students.



Madison's teacher Mrs. Jones...Jacob joined in the pic as well.



Her desk.



Jacob checking it out with her.



My Kindergartener.







Standing in the hall waiting to enter the pod.



Found a letter on the mat to sit on. He decided the letter J with jacks on it would be perfect for him.



His teacher Mrs. Smith.



Mrs. Smith reading the book Owen to us.



Jacob grabbed my hand during the story. It just melt my heart. I love my babies.

No comments: