Madison yawning...I guess she did not get enough sleep last night...or she is tired of me taking pictures!
The annual picture in front of the fireplace.
One more!
Madison in front of her classroom...she was seeing all of her friends coming into the pod so it was hard to get a picture of her looking at me...as you can see I did not succeed.
Madison at her desk.
Madison with her sweet young fresh out of college teacher...Ms. Schwartz. Madison will just love her I know. She has lots of energy and I'm sure lots of fresh ideas.
Madison with one of her good friends Shelby who is also in her girl scout troop...they are in the same class together. They were both very excited.
There is not a Pre-K class at our neighborhood school so he is going to another school about 15 minutes from the house...on a good day. He has the same Pre-K teacher that Madison had Mrs. Potter. We are very excited about this because she is incredible. Madison still talks about Pre-K and how much she loved it. He was originally scheduled for the Morning session but that was before we had the summer we had. With Jason not able to drive it just became too complicated for me to get both of the kids where they needed to be on time in the morning. So they had an open spot in the afternoon with Mrs. Potter and we made the change. It will be an adjustment for Jacob because he can easily take a couple hour nap everyday. But I think he will do fine. Mrs. Potter reads a special book called "The Kissing Hand" to help the parents and children let go of each other during this transition. I just love it and remember it when Madison was in her class. I recorded it this year so Jason could see it.
Jacob posing for his first (first) day of school pic in front of the fireplace. You can see he is less than excited about it.
Here is a much better pic.
Jacob out in front of his new school.
Jacob in line walking to his classroom.
Jacob sitting down on his purple square getting ready to start.
Mrs. Potter singing an introduction song while the kids get their backpacks put away in their cubbies and their name tags on.
Mrs. Potter introducing Chester the stuffed Racoon who stars in the book "The Kissing Hand".
Mrs. Potter reading the book to the class and parents. Jacob just loves this book...we have it at home and read it frequently.
Jacob after kissing my hand and me kissing his hand and making his way back to the circle.
All tuckered out...I told you it is going to be rough on him since he is still a napper.


2 comments:
I'm so glad that Katie missed the cut-off! I'm not ready to send her to school yet, but I definitely want Mrs. Potter to be her first school experience. She's the best!
It is so great that you make their first days so special! I know they'll always remember the fire place pics even if they tend to get annoyed about them the older they get.
Post a Comment