Well, I will admit making a Gingerbread House was one of the last thing I ever thought I would try to do with my kids. Why you ask? I am not into big projects that are messy. At least that is what I thought when I would think about a Gingerbread House. Of course, they make is so easy now-a-days. I thought I had to make the gingerbread and all of the pieces. But as I discovered tonight you can buy a kit that has EVERYTHING! It is fantastic. Since it is family night and we are missing a member of our family I decided to tackle the Gingerbread House. I can say after this experience and watching the kids have the time of their lives...well for now anyway this will become a new holiday tradition for us. I love finding new things to do with the kids that can be done over and over again. If you are like I was about Gingerbread Houses...take the plunge...it is not that bad. The kids will love it!
Madison helping to put the walls up.

Jacob helping to put the walls up.

Picture before we started. Yes, this is Madison posing...quite the little model.

This is the side of the house that Jacob decorated.

Mommy adding the icing to make the roof stick.

final product....

Adding the candy to the house...with a few to the kids mouths as well.

15 minute wait for the walls and roof to set up.

Ladies and Gentlemen...the Smith Family Gingerbread House 2008!

This is the side that Madison decorated.
2 comments:
Wow, that is a pretty organized Gingerbread house. Guess I shouldn't be surprised!
Am I the only one who comments on here? HA! I gave you a blog award on my blog. Go check it out.
Post a Comment