Tuesday, June 16, 2009

ER Visit #2

I am starting to think that the 16th of any given month is not a good one for us. It was a year ago to the day that I was sitting in the ER with Jason after he suffered a grand mal seizure at work. Today I revisit this building carrying my youngest. The emotions I was feeling today were so overwhelming. I am not a naturally emotional person...tears do not come easy to me. But today they were flowing heavy. I could not help but relive the memories of one year ago while waiting to be triaged for our son. He was going to have his very first "kid" birthday party tonight. He was soooo excited. I was excited for him. I had everything baked and decorated all the supplies bought and just anxious to put this party on. The kids and I were in the back yard setting up the scene for the Jedi Training Course for the 10 boys who were going to join many other Jedi's when I hear this terrible scream followed by crying. I turn around to find blood gushing from my son's mouth. The kids were playing on a balance beam (we were going to use during the Jedi training) when our son decides to jump off. Well the weight of our oldest caused the board to fly up and smack him in the mouth. There was so much blood I could not tell exactly what had been injured. Once I got him inside and got the blood cleaned up and his mouth rinsed, I found the hole (gash). The inside looked so much worse than the outside but i just knew this would require stitches. We have been down this road before. So I got the bleeding to slow down long enough to get him in he car and off to the ER. In the mean time, good friends helped contact all of our guests to let them know the party would have to be rescheduled. Thank you to both of you! You are wonderful friends. I feel so blessed. We were triaged and seen within about 1 1/2 hours. Quickest time we have ever had in the ER. It turns out that it was hit just right to avoid stitches. If they put stitches in then his lip would pull to one side and it would show a significant scar. So we are just letting it take it's course. We are on antibiotics. The sad part is we leave tomorrow for our family vacation which includes several days of swimming. That will not be happening as he can not be exposed to chlorine for at least 5 days. We are a little bummed but very thankful that he is doing well. We are still going on our trip as we have non-refundable hotel reservations. We appreciate all your thoughts and prayers. We are truly blessed with a wonderful group for christians and friends.


He still wanted to celebrate his birthday. So we did a little party with family.



We had to do something with all of the baked goods.



Blowing out his candles.



Posing for another picture.



One emotionally drained momma and her sweet little boy.







Inside view of the laceration. The picture does not do it justice. I could not get a clear picture that close.



More pics.



Still smiling.

2 comments:

KT said...

Poor little guy and poor you! I can't imagine how horrible it must feel to be in the ER this much. You are an amazing woman! I know God is preparing something great in your future for all of your suffering!

Dana said...

Oh! What a heartbreaker! I know how much you guys were looking forward to the party. I'm glad to see him still smiling. He's a sweetheart! You too, mom!