Thursday, March 13, 2008

Picasso?

So finally at the age of 3 1/2 I have allowed Jacob to use scissors. Madison was working on a card the other night and Jacob saw her use scissors and he nearly came out of his skin begging to use them. So I thought ok let's see what he can do. Well much to my surprise he is a born natural when it comes to using scissors. I might add that he is a lefty. He picked up the paper put his hands in the scissors and took off like he had been cutting for years. He followed the black lines to cut and just concentrated heavily on what he was doing. I have to say teaching 3 1/2 to 4 year olds at sonshine school I see alot of kids picking up scissors for the first time and just watch alot of frustration trying to figure it out. I am so proud of him and he is so proud of himself. I also broke down and let him paint while Madison was at school. He loved it! I guess I will have to do more painting with him. I am such a neat freak that paint just wigs me out!


Look how natural he is with the scissors.
Keep in mind this is the first time he has picked up a pair of scissors.

A beautiful picture.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

That is awesome! Great job Jacob! I'm a neat freak too and my girls LOVE to paint. Here are my tips. Go buy a cheap vinal table cloth and use it only for crafts (saves the table). I use old clothes or clothes that have been ruined just for these crafts and fishing with daddy. Also, buying an easle for Jillian has cut down alot on the mess. We just keep it in the dining room over the tile. She loves it and is just as happy with the dry erase markers and the chalk. Good luck!

Melanie said...

Brett would like to come and play, I mean cut with scissors with Jacob! You are brave!

Chrissey said...

I finally gave up with Ashlyn and the scissor thing a few months ago...she actually does very well with them too! It's hard when they see siblings doing it and they aren't allowed! As far as the painting goes...we got (I mean Santa got) an art table for the kids at Christmas and that along with the wood floors (which you're getting right?) is the best combo ever for paint or any art project for that matter!