
I made shake n bake pork chops Thursday night. The rule at our house is you have to eat what is made for dinner. I decided I did not want to be a short order cook and I don't think it hurts the kids to try different foods. When I was growing up that was the rule in our house. My dad made liver about once a month at our house and we had to eat it. With a lot of Ketchup it was not too bad. I think the texture was the hardest for me to get over. Anyway, I have made pork chops before just not this way. Madison was struggling with every excuse in the book to avoid eating it. It did not give her too much. However, she cried and whined trying to get out of it. But I persisted with Jason backing me up. Everyone else was done and she was still at the table. So Jacob and Jason cheered her on. Jason decided it might help to give her Diet Dr. Pepper to wash down each bite. Well, it back fired on him. Madison threw it all up! Jason came real close to losing his supper as well. I told him I would clean it up but he insisted since he gave her the Diet Dr. Pepper that he should be the one to clean it up. Lesson learned...do not try washing down food you don't like with a carbonated drink!!


No comments:
Post a Comment