Monday, January 15, 2007

Sleet, Ears & Cabin Fever...



Happy New Year! I know I realized it has been over a month since my last post. I decided not to try and post from Dec. 1st to now so in short, we had an awesome Christmas with loads of gifts and fun times with family! We hope our New Year is less eventful given the last 2 years we have met our medical deductible for Jason and Jacob in the first 30 days of the year. We had sleet over the weekend which made for a long weekend indoors! Jacob went to Jason's parents for the weekend (planned well in advance of this storm)and they came and got him prior to the sleet. So it was a fun weekend with just Jason, Madison and Myself. Madison has wanted to get her ears pierced since before Christmas and I have been putting her off just to make sure she really wanted to do it. So I thought since Jacob was going to be gone she and I could go and do it special together. So I picked her up from school on Friday and we headed to the Mall. I told her on the way there that if they only had one person there we would have to wait and do it another time. Sure enough there was only one person there and no one else planning to come in due to the weather conditions. But Madison insisted she could do it one ear at a time. So I gave in reluctantly. Well lets just say if she could have done it over again she would have waited to do it all at once. I have to admit she was very brave! She acts so grown up now that she has the earrings and of course before I got out of the store she had already picked out several new pairs of earrings. However, I told her lets get through the next 6 weeks before we buy any new earrings.

No comments: